Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Twilight Series book #3

So maybe there are others who have read these books and can help me sort through this problem. I picked up the books to see what the hoopla was surrounding them and the movie and I have been becoming increasingly frustrated with them as I continue to read them.

Okay, so I just finished Book 3 and I am really frustrated with Bella. I guess I am too far removed from teh whole teenage in love thing to understand what is going on with her. I don't really understand her need to be immortal and why she thinks that's a good thing. I keep thinking that she is running away from something and thinking that running to the "Cullen Family" will solve all of her own family issues. Its not so much that I think she should be with Jacob (which if you have read the books, knows that he has issues of his own), but the fact that she is so ready to become a vampire is really beyond me and give her life to Edward for all eternity is just too much! She's 18 for goodness sake! If I married the man that I dated when I was 18...God help us now- LOL.

I wonder what that says about teenagers today and how they view their souls and whether they think we have one and if its important or not.

1 comments:

Team Harry said...

I think that she wants to be immortal so that she can live forever with Edward. I remember thinking my first love was the one I'd be with forever!!! Otherwise Bella will grow old and he won't.

I didn't analyze this book spiritually. The whole book is completely fiction so I hope girls don't start questioning their mortality....

1 thing you have to know about me, if you don't already is: I'm not very analytical... I read it purely for enjoyment : )