Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Christmas Season

Hey everyone! I hope you are having a great and blessed Christmas. My friend Nancy inspired me to create a playlist, so I thought I would put on some Christmas songs. I absolutely LOVE the song by Bebe Winans and Rob Thomas called My Christmas Prayer. I discovered it on a BeBe Winans Christmas CD that Starbucks (of all places) had for sale a few years ago. I immediately bought like four copies and gave them to family members and friends! Its awesome. Take a listen. Some of the other ones are versions of my favorite songs. My favorite traditional Christmas song is O Holy Night. Love it! I particularly love it when it is sung by a man. I think it is something about the timbre in a man's voice that resonates this song into my soul. I searched for Whitney Houston christmas and was robbed...the website didn't have any! How dare they!

Anyway, I am probably not finished with Christmas shopping. But, you know what? I am not going to stress about it. This is one day. Be it an important day as we celebrate the birth of Jesus, but I don't have to go out and buy the fancy schmancy stuff for the girls or for our family and friends. Spending time, eating, and lots of laughing I think is in order.

This Christmas my grandmother is in California. She moved to Texas a year ago and she hasn't met Selah yet (only through pictures). We are going back to California next week, in large part, to see her. I am excited to get pictures of her with Selah and the Eden and Grace and to take some of the girls' "Grammie", (but she will always be Big Momma or just plan Grandma to me) with my mother, myself and the girls. It will be three generations! These will be the precious memories I will keep with me forever!

I hope to spend some part of this Christmas with you too. If not physically, then maybe through a phone call or email. I guess in my old age, I realize the importance of those intangibles in my life.

Merry Christmas friends. I will blog again :)

5 comments:

Mommy said...

Love your Christmas songs!!! I haven't heard some of them....good choices :) I love your thoughts about Christmas. I feel the same way...our girls are just getting a simple toy wrapped. No big things... it is not necessary. Jesus is the reason of the season :)

Nancy

Anonymous said...

It's been fun catching up on your life! I'm trying to get one going myself - we'll see! We're enjoying the music right now as everyone is cleaning up! Thanks

Mommy said...

Oh....can't wait to see your pics from the Zoolights... Keep me posted :) You will have fun!

Anonymous said...

You know what? Mom has not even started yet . But we had company,and are going to have company. Merry Xmas and a happy New Year ! See you later. Love , Mycah

Anonymous said...

You have an amazing family! I love seeing your blog. Looks like you miss your Cali Friends, hopefully Maricopa will settle down and people will start to connect more.

I love having you all here close by