Friday, December 21, 2007

California Christmas

We got to go back to CA for a few days this Christmas. The girls went to Knotts Berry Farm and got to visit their old school and see friends. When we went to our friends the Juan's house, kari's parents let the girls participate in a golf cart night parade...very fun! Karen McKeown made this huge Santa hat for their golf cart! The girls sang Christmas songs and rang bells during the parade.
We also got to visit my Grandmother. She hadn't met Selah before so it was great fun to introduce them.
Eden with a few of her best buds. We missed Brittney and Shea. We hope to catch them next time!! Elvia and I had babies at the same time. It was great to quickly catch up with her.
Grace with her friend Abigail Meade.

The girls participated in a winter carnival at their school. They sung Christmas carols for all the parents and visitors.
Michelle, Chrsitina, and Tina... I have known these ladies since I was 15 years old! Wow! We try to get together when we can. I love them like sisters, so it was great to catch up with them, complain with them, and generally have a great time.
Eden and Grace at Knott's riding the cars.
Eden is my total thrill seeker. She wanted to ride all the roller coasters. We rode: side winder, Montezuma's revenge (twice) and Jaguar. She held on my to arm for dear life, but it was a lot of fun.

See Eden in the bottom right of the picture? She is looking down at me. Grace wanted to go on this ride, but she was a hair too short and they wouldn't let her ride. She did find a roller coaster in Camp Snoopy, which she rode THREE times (by herself!). Next year she says she will be ready to try Side Winder.


I love going back to California to see friends. I miss them terribly. I didn't get to spend hardly enough time just sitting and chatting. This year, I think our Easter breaks will align so we can actually spend some time chatting, hanging out.


Merry Christmas!

0 comments: