Monday, January 25, 2010

an epiphany at the Love Shack

I was reading one of my cyberfriends blog. She is great. She loves God. She loves her family and her blog is called The Love Shack...isn't that cool? See it here: http://adoptbellagrace.blogspot.com/ Sorry, I cannot figure out how to make my link, link directly...so if you want to check it you, you will just have to cut and paste.

Anyway, I thought I would post something on her blog. As I was typing something pithy to her, one of my blog songs came on...this is what I said to her.

"Love this!
Too bad it takes these catatrophic things (well I guess breaking your foot isn't catastraphic, but you know what I mean) to get us to stop. Take stock. Get real with God. With ourselves. With out families.

"all of my life. In every season. You are still God. I have a reason to sing. I have a reason to worship!"
-sorry, listening to my blog post music (Desert Song) as I type this. I live in the desert and sometimes I need to be reminded that just because I live in a dry land, doesn't mean I have to be "dry."

I think I will repost this on my blog. I had an epiphany!"

Funny how God does that.
I love God's people.
I love that I can have a connection to a woman who I have never met because we have both been adopted into God's family. Maybe we will never meet here on earth.
She will read my blog.
Maybe post.
I will read her blog.
Maybe post.
But you know what? We will be in heaven. Amen!

1 comments:

Pineapple Princess said...

Here are two of my favorite parts. They jumped right out and spoke to my heart:
"It takes these... "things" to get us to stop. Take stock. Get real with God. With ourselves. With out families."

And then in perfect timing that song came on...

"all of my life. In every season. You are still God. I have a reason to sing. I have a reason to worship!"

And then you said this part, and I thought it was so interesting and true...

"I live in the desert and sometimes I need to be reminded that just because I live in a dry land, doesn't mean I have to be "dry."

Food for the soul. It really made me think. Thank you!