Yesterday, we had the author of a book that we have been studying come to church and lead a sermon. The book is called "I became a Christian and all I got was this lousy t-shirt" by Vince Antonucci. This is obviously "tongue in cheek" but the book, and it author yesterday, emplores Christians to do something with their Christianity and rather than just "wear the lousy t-shirt." Anyway, yesteday, he had us write the year we were born and then a dash (1971- ). He said that we didn't have a choice with when we were born and we don't have a choice with when we die....but we do have a choice when it comes to the "dash". He spoke that every Christian should wake up in the morning and say (that famous line) "Today is a good day to die" meaning we are to die to self and live for Christ. He was really very good. So, this morning I automatically told myself "Today is a good day to die."---funny Lord.
II Corinthians 5:15 "...and He die for all, that those who live should live no longer for themselves, but for Him who died for them and rose again."









1 comments:
Thanks for the pep talk, Dawniele. I want to make my dash count!!!
Post a Comment