So I am in a Beth Moore study on Esther. We meet every Wednesday. I am so amazed at how much Beth can pull out of one verse. It has been a truly wonderful learning experience for me. Here are some of the highlights from today's lesson Based on Esther 4:16:
"God reserves the right NOT to force HOW you will do your WHAT. No one is born brave, but you can become so (in Christ), you can change your narrative today." -Beth Moore "Esther"
"Courage; root word is "cor" = heart. Courage comes from a heart convinced it is loved (I Jn 1)."
"Death is not our destination. Our destiny is complete when Christs kingdom is established here on earh as it in heaven (Phil 1:6). Esther took the courage she was offered."
"What is the most common commandment in the Bible? "Take courage" and "Fear not!" think about how many times we are told directly or through stories, to take courage and fear not? Think about it!"
"Take courage! I have conquered the world" -Jesus, Jn 16:33.
He offers it...why don't we take it?
I mean, really, how much courage did Esther show knowing full well that if she went before the King, unasked, that could be the end of her days. But, what did she do? she said, well, if I die then I die...."let's roll"
Ha ha! How I wish I could say, "Let's roll" and here I have the Gospel fulfilled through Jesus Christ! I KNOW he is with me. I know HE has already conquered the world...so why do I fear? Why am I afraid?
Hey friends, Esther took the courage she was offered.
3 years ago








1 comments:
it's a great study! we just finished it this past December. :)
Post a Comment