Thursday, February 18, 2010

Derby Car Race 2010

Every year for the past two years, the girls have participated in the Derby Car Races hosted through the local AWANA club. This was the first year that I actually got to see the races in person.





About three weeks before the race, we buy the pre-cut cars and the girls decide on their design. This year, Grace wanted wings on her car, so we purchased some wing stickers. Eden chose a star design, with a blue sky car and hand painted stars.








Although neither girl won a trophy this year, it was great fun for them once again and every year we gather more information on how to make the next car better.

2 comments:

Pineapple Princess said...

Your girls are so dang cool!
I wish I could meet you guys! :)

get an eyefull of this... said...

I wish we could meet too! We are from CA but don't regularly travel up to where you are...however, maybe I can talk my husband into it one time.