Monday, November 2, 2009

Halloween this year~

OK, so I didn't take one picture but I think it was because we didn't do a "traditional" Halloween this year.

This year we opted to become a "trunk" at our church's Trunk or Treat that they have hosted every year for the past five years for the City of Maricopa. This year, it took place at the large local park. We got there at about 4 PM to set up our trunk along with about 50 others trunks. Attached to the Trunk or Treat is also the carnival with jumpers, rock climbing walls, and free foods/snacks.

I wish I would have taken my camera! I know I know...bad photographer. Bad. (but i know my friend Carly and my other friend Jennifer did, so I will have to get a copy from them).

Our trunk was a gold mine. We used crinkled butcher paper, gold paint, and fake dynamite sticks to turn the back of our van into a gold miners cave. We were all dressed as miners. It was fun. But I think if we do it again next year, I will start planning for our cave early, looking for those cool miner hats with the lights on them, suspenders (WHO KNEW THEY WOULD be so difficult to locate) and some other items to make it fun. But, we did get a lot of fun compliments about how clever we were. Of course, the car right next to us decided to recreate the house from the movie UP...but, it was fun,

I must say this. At about 8 PM our church ran out of candy. While they were running to the store to get more, we talked to the girls about maybe giving out a few pieces of the candy they had collected earlier during the night. They did is gladly and handed out about 50 extra pieces of candy. They didn't complain, or get upset or cry. They knew that we were there to serve the community of Maricopa on this night. Later, after most of the crowd had left for the night, COC still had a ton of candy left. So the girls got to circle all the cars as many times as they wanted, collecting more candy. A life lesson. I know its on candy, but think about how God receives our sacrifice and often we receive tenfold more than what we initially had.


Ok, so it looked a lot better at night!

1 comments:

...Harry Happenings... said...

What a cute idea to be miners! I love it!! The girls learned a lesson from Luke "he who is faithful in little is faithful in much." and 2 Cor. "God loves a cheerful giver."
Awesome the girls displayed their faith and reaped reward for their faithfulness!