Monday, August 24, 2009

Big Man On Campus

Before:


Let me explain. Yesterday, we went to our old church CCC first service. when we arrived, Selah had on a cute turqouise dress, head band, and white bow sandles. When I picked her up, she had on a pair of boy shorts and a red shirt that read "big man on campus." Her hair was all crazy. She looked like a boy. There was some kind of accident with her dress in the toilet. Anyway, Alex wouldn't let me buy her a new dress, so we went to lunch with friends with my daughter looking like a little boy. It became kind of a joke. Eden was calling her "mister" and "sir." And when we would call out to her, we would say "Hey big man on campus." I thought it was funny because she was still wearing those cute white sandals with bows on them. I was certain that other people thought we were "quite progressive" in our child rearing (i.e. letting our little boy wear girl shoes). I should have taken a picture of it. It was funny. My friend Mary, upon first seing Selah, thought that we had changed our clothing philosophy. It was hilarious because of the way she looked at me...I knew she thought that we had gone plumb crazy...My friend Shauna, has 4 boys and I kept losing sight of Selah among all of her boys and having a mini-panic wondering where Selah was (LOL!)

After:


1 comments:

Katoftheoc said...

This is too funny. We had a similar experience when Shawna was 4.