Okay, so earlier today, the computer stopped working. We couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. The power was on. Everything seemed to be getting the power it needed, but the screen would not boot up. Alex tells me to go and buy one of those compressed air cleaner things. So, while I am out. I pick one up.
He starts spraying and there is all kinds of dust being kicked up out of the computer. After the dust settled, the monitor still wouldn't start. Alex figured that it must be the video card.
The nearest "real" computer store is about 45-50 minutes away!
Panic set in. Alex said that he could pick up the new card tomorrow.
TOMORROW??? Is he kidding?
Umm, that's not going to work.
Here's the conversation:
me: Can I use your work computer?
him: No.
me: why?
him: becuase I have to WORK.
ERGH!!
So I go and lay on my bed. Can I really get by without being plugged in for 24 hours? My friend Bonnie calls. Her computer is on the fritz too. But she has more pressing matters, she is trying to plan some fun things for her husbands birthday and she needs to research.
Then, my Superman comes into the room. Holding a cable. He says, "You can use this stuff from my work computer until tomorrow. I will use my laptop!"
So I am on the telephone with Bonnie and furiously typing away at the keys, thinking that any moment the computer will stop working again. I have to print something from email, send an email, go to one website, check Facebook...all the while, my friend Bonnie is laughing in my ear.
Was it really THAT funny Bonnie?
I tell her that I have to hang up. I can't concentrate, the computer might turn off at any moment.
Of course she says goodbye, because she is off to the computer store herself to buy some wire for her computer (she has already spent several hours on the telephone with both the computer company and the cable company)...
Oooh, did you see how brightly and clearly the sun was shining at about 2 PM this afternoon?
So, here I am! Happy as a clam becuase I can use my computer...making my husband take his work computer apart so that I can plug in, read emails, Facebook, and generally do nothing remotely important or pressing.
How funny is that?
(or maybe I should say pathetic).
3 years ago








0 comments:
Post a Comment