
Yesterday, we had a monsoon blow through here with powerful winds and rain. In the matter of minutes, we went from a heavy rain, to a monsoon down pour, complete with 60 mph winds!
While I was shocked and in awe of the power of wind and rain, the scrapbooker/photographer in me could not help but snap off a few pictures! Wouldn't you know it...I went to get the camera and the battery was dead. Luckily, I had a little juice left in my Blackberry to snap off these pictures. Not bad for a telephone eh?
In our front yard, we have this big beautiful Mesquite Tree. I have been after Alex to trim the tree for weeks, but he likes the big shady canopy that it provides. However, when the winds started blowing, they caught the trees canopy and over it toppled. Luckily, it didn't break, but simply fell over from
the root.
Within a hour of the monsoon starting, it stopped. I began calling the neighbor friends to help with Operation: Save the Tree! Two neighbors came out with tools, stakes, hoes, and hammers and they managed to prop the tree up out of the drive way. However, when we went to our backyard, we noticed our Acacia tree leaning quite precariously to the right...so that one got propped up as well.
Hopefully, neither of our trees dies and Saturday will be a work day for our neighborhood Man Patrol!
3 years ago








3 comments:
I could see the rain and wind pounding your area from our house. I was worried for you guys. I am thankful that only the trees were slightly damaged and you are all okay!
Oh wow!!! you aren't the only one...our neighbor across the street had two big trees on the ground. Crazy how the weather changed so rapidly that day!
Wow!! And I thought you guys just got tons of SunShine in Arizona!! Glad you are all ok!!
Post a Comment